Trying to focus on the positive; I’m writing this list before I start studying for the evening to remind me of all the good things going on right now:
- Today was the first real sunny day we’ve had in a long time. Even though the high temperature today was only 18 degrees, the cold is more tolerable when the sun is shining.
- I saw the sunrise on my way to class this morning for the first time. Last month it was dark when I woke up and when I left my house. Not anymore. Every day the sun rises earlier and earlier, which means that winter is slowly but surely giving way to spring.
- Despite the amount of work I have, I always give myself Sunday mornings to do whatever I want. This typically involves having a leisurely cup of coffee and a pastry at a cafe, then going for a walk in the park. This Sunday I walked through Argo Dam park right after a fresh snowfall, and it was awesome.
- Comet Coffee is right across the street from the computer lab where I study, allowing for easy access to delicious beverages during study breaks.
- I got an A on my first chemistry exam. Sure its in the introductory chapter/the easy stuff, but still an accomplishment and a much needed confidence booster. My next exam is in 2 days.
- Good times with good people are in store for me this weekend. I just have to rock this chemistry exam, finish a homework assignment, and catch up on a week’s worth of reading that I’ve neglected, and I’ll be able to enjoy the weekend.